Friday, February 5, 2010

There's no business like snow business

Well it appears it's the time of the month for Mother Nature again as she is reeking havoc all across Newfoundland. The first thing I saw this morning when I arose was pure white out, and after I moved the bottle of liquid paper aside I saw that it was snowing and blowing pretty hard outside. Snowstorms like this are both good and bad, but hey it's snow, it's bothersome at first but eventually it goes away, but hey maybe if the ground were to shake hard enough, people would donate tons of money to us, and George Clooney could host a telethon. I'm not gonna rip on Clooney cause while I'm a dude even I find an eloquent charm in that man's dreamy eyes. The major brightside to the storm was that I didn't have to work today, as the city was shut down faster then me asking a girl out, which means the next non sucky weather day the chicken eaters will be out in force.

There was a scary period of time during the snowstorm when we lost internet connection here. Usually it's the satellite that goes, but this time the internet went down faster then a hooker who falls down a flight of stairs, what did you think I was gonna say, get your mind out of the gutter a girl is hurt for cryin out loud. Reliance on the internet is a powerful thing, and without it the mind starts to think crazy things, I almost cleaned today but luckily I was able to come to my senses and play PS3 instead, I know I know, that was a close one. I figure the internet crapping out was a sign that I should go on the treadmill, so I did, but after all that walking I felt like I was going nowhere fast, still it's amazing how fast you can go when you dangle a twinkie in front of it, I'm going to catch it sooner or later.

Rumor has it the snow is not letting up for a while, and well that just cold sucks. Jeff just informed that there is supposed to be about another 30-40 cm between now and tomorrow afternoon, and more on Monday. I know nothing of the metric system but what I do know is that it's gonna entail a lot of shovelling, luckily I can get some of the kids on the street to do it for me, once you get them hooked on cigarettes they will do anything for a fix. I kid of course, I would never get kids hooked on cigarettes to shovel my driveway, they don't have the lung capacity, I have a 70 year old landlady that does it for me, and one day I intend to help her, but it's so nice to see her get out of the house.

So here's hoping the snow stays away from the satellite, and here's hoping that the pandas return to the village so the snow goes away, and here's hoping that somebody besides Bill gets that dated reference I just made. I guess I can't complain too much, this winter has actually been pretty good, and it's what comes with the territory for living on an island, unless of course it's Gilligan's Island, all Gilligan had to worry about was how to impress Mary Ann, or fighting off Skipper during those particularly lonely nights. It's weather like this that makes me glad for global warming, sure it's killing the homes of polar bears but give them a bottle of coke and they are fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment