Monday, February 8, 2010

Bored of the Rings

Today is a rare sick day from work for me, as my legendary weak immune system and perhaps some Karma has kicked in and left me on the disabled list. That being said, in search of things I do opened up facebook and saw the status of one of my co-workers, he rightly complained about the lack of superbowl commercials that we get here in Canada. The one thing our commercials told us is that the Olympics start on Friday, and boy it's a good thing they hit me over the head with it, or I would have completely forgot. At one moment we got to see Carrie Underwood singing the national anthem in a stunning outfit, the next we get to see the I believe singing girl, who I guess was to act as some kind of anti-Viagara; seriously, is it just me or does this girl look like a demon, a sucuubus sent to destroy the souls of the other countries, ensuring us all the medals.

I will be watching the Olympics like everyone else, and will be cheering on our countries athletes but unless you have been living under a rock for the past few years you know when the Olympics start. It will be nice to see our country showcased for the world to see, and Vancouver has cleaned out all the riff raff for the games, pushing out the homeless, the prostitues, and the Canucks. All this is well and good but is it too much to ask for a commercial that doesn't have Donald Sutherland talking in it, I mean he must feel just a little bit awkward as his son Jack Baur has killed terrorists from most of the countries that are coming to the Olympics, how does he explain that, I guess he says "hey don't look at me, he killed me too."

Just in case your not the type to wait, TSN's website already has the medal count statistics posted on the website. Keep checking it daily but don't be disappointed if Canada doessn't win a medal till Saturday, although the opening ceremonies are Friday, maybe we could win a medal on the march in, though I think they do that in alphabetical order so we might be disapointed, but hey there's always speedskating. I for one was reminded daily of the Olympics by watching the Olympic torch being carried throughout the country, is it just me or does that thing look like a big joint, I mean I know British Columbia has a repuation for marijuana, but how many of the runners do you think got pulled over, I think I even saw Snoop Dogg chasing the runners at one point.

So I just want to say thanks to CTV for cutting out the American feed, depriving us of Bud Light and Doritos hilarity, and Megan Fox in a bathtub, in a bathtub, she doesn't even have to act cause she's in a bathtub, are you following me CTV. Come this Friday I will watch the Olympics, ok not the opening ceremonies, they are a bore, but not because the media told me to but because I like watching people race on ice and snow at breakneck speeds, and cause I want to hear TSN's excuses when our Canadian hockey team doesn't win gold again. I wish our athletes good luck at the games, and I am glad that your actually being rewarded for getting medals this year, and not just the usual complimentary Tim Horton's give card, and I know you will try your hardest, and if that's not good enough we always have that demon girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment