Sunday, December 6, 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

And snow and snow and snow, might as well throw in a lot of wind too, and ice pellets, everyone likes getting hit with ice pellets. It seems mother nature has decided to unleash her full fury on our little province today, it's just like the movie Whiteout outside, the main similarity being I don't want to see either one. The storm was supposed to hit last night, but at least held off long enough until I was able to get to work, until about 9:30 when she said "ok, you've waited long enough, let's see how you like this." Well despite getting me off work early, I don't like this, for you see I have a satellite dish, and while it has it's benefits like CBC from every province(your still waiting for the benefits aren't you) the satellite people put it in a poor location, so all it takes is a mosquito hitting it to take it down; so you can imagine how a winter storm that would make a yeti stay in affects it.

It wouldn't be so bad, I don't watch much tv since I discovered I could find my shows on the internet if I miss them, but today is football day, and there was a pay-per-view tonight, which luckily I hadn't ordered yet, as past experiences have shown, it sucks to pay for something I haven't seen. I was not ready for this snow yet, January would have been fine, Febuary even better, but not now, I'm not in shovelling shape yet, I don't even think the shovel is in shovelling shape, when I went to grab it today it said "hey don't touch me, I ain't ready yet." Ok I made up the voice but you know what I mean. I really think I just saw a polar bear walk by, or it could have been a person in a white coat and a bottle of coke, I can't really see out the window to verify.

Thankfully the lights are holding, blinking every once and a while, but staying strong, for if I lost my source of tea, there would be some Jack Nicholas shining level stuff goin on around here, no tea, and no tv make Frank go something something, "go crazy" you say, don't mind if I do, bwatatatatatata. My fingers didn't slip that time, that was me going crazy, but I figure you get me. I blame Tiger woods for all this, no reason really, but everybody else is blaming him these days, I demand an apology, I don't need money, come shovel my driveway, I'm not hard to get along with Tiger, just shovel my driveway, if nothing else it'll get you out of the house for a while, cause no matter how cold it is here, it's got to be colder there these days.

Just as I was getting used to the climate change and global warming, just as I was getting used to unseasonable warmth in December, something like this goes and happens. The weather people say it's supposed to be about 40 cm at most I think, I tried to measure how much has fallen, but my ruler fell in the snow, just another kick in the proverbial snowballs. On the bright side there is supposed to sun tomorrow, just nice enough to bust out and shovel a path to freedom, I can't tell you what's gonna happen, but if you don't hear from me, tell the world my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment