Sunday, November 22, 2009

reee....cesss....iooon?

just sitting here as the weekend ends, unwinding after another satisfying pay-per-view, I enjoyed it as always, got my money's worth, yeah money let's talk about that for a minute. All the talk of the news media these days that doesn't deal with pig diseases is about how the global economy is in the crapper. They throw out buzzwords like "recession" "bankruptcy" and "oh my god sell your belongings and move to Peru, for six dollars a day you can live like a king." As usual, Newfoundland, tucked away like we are is seemingly the last to get this too; I know we are supposed to be a have province, what with the black gold, texas t. oil that is, but the amount of money I seen spent this weekend leads me to ask where is this recession. This weekend saw an influx of people to the restuarant where I work, I saw lines that were longer then when jesus fed people with only bread and fish. Friday in our little area of town was midnight madness, twenty percent off at most stores around us, and all it needed was james earl jones from field of dreams saying "if you drop the prices, they will come", and come they did, in bunches AND droves. One particular shopper ignored all traffic lights causing quite the accident at the intersection near our store, I believe no one was hurt, but ironically she seemed to lose about 20 percent of her car. Saturday, there were no sales, just regular everyday saturday, and yet they piled in, all the little ants were marching. Sunday started with a bang, ended with a whimper, a nice little cap on a weekend where we finished off more chickens then the bird flu. I guess I shouldn't complain, all these people spending money makes me money for which I can survive and buy shiny things, but a break is not coming until January, and much like the end of field of dreams I can see that endless line of traffic now, cause if we cook it, they will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment