Friday, November 20, 2009

I fear change

Not all change is bad, some change is quite good, the election of the first African American president was quite good, change that leads to a cappachino at Tim Horton's, very very good, but as we approach not just a new year but a new decade, while people can't wait to toss out the old and bring in the new, I find myself quite satisfied with the status quo. One of the many lines from tv that I spout in my daily life is from an episode of Family Guy when Stewie finds part of his wall missing and he is confused, screaming "I don't liiiike change." I find this works well at work, when we get new equipment, or new tools, that are different, just when I was quite comfortable with what we had, we get something others think is better, but not necessarily so. Society has changed a lot in my day, and while I'm 29 and probably too young to get away with saying this, in my day people were my carefree, and weren't as busy busy busy as they are now, or maybe cause I was younger and was too busy with my toys, toys I still have to this day, see, status quo. Another change I don't care for is how kids handle themselves today, this is not to tar them all with the same brush, as they are not all spawns of satan, but most teenagers I see going around today I can easily see knocking over a liquor store, it's a harsh judgement, and trust me I'm just a porch and and rocking chair away from shaking my fist and screaming that kids get a haircut, using such words as hippie,and ragamuffin. One of my favorite wrestlers of all time Owen Hart had a catchphrase "enough is enough and it's time for a change" but quite frankly he changed his gimmick to a super hero, and ended up falling during a botched stunt and died, so look what change led to there. Anyways, I'm gonna conclude this rant, and go for nice French Vanilla from Tim's, like I said, I don't mind some change, now where's that toonie, you stay classy internetz.

No comments:

Post a Comment