Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A farewell to Jeff's car

Today the apartment suffered a loss, as after almost two years, my roomate Jeff's car was towed away. Some of you readers may ask "Why? why did it take so long to move the car? Well a series of miscommunications with our landlady about getting the car towed, attempts to sell it gone awry, and also it was his first car, so there was sentimental value. Having never owned a car, I can't say as I know how it feels; however, my legs are my main source of transportation, and I would miss them if someone took them, so I guess that's about the same feeling. In later years, the car became a rusted shell of itself, and couldn't go like she used too, but there was some good there, always waiting for us when we got home, like an old dog who couldn't see anymore but knew you were there. Sure there were some defects, you might say "it had four flat tires, to which I'd say "well whats it the hurry, it will get there eventually." As mentioned before there were attempts to get rid of it, I tried to go the old yeller route, but when I heard the sirens I fled. While I'm sure some people will be glad to have their parking space back, you know who you are bearded one, I will miss how it always let me shovel snow on top of it after storms where there was no where to put anymore snow. Also, I will have other fond memories, like when Jeff had someone look at it, and during the sale process, the gas tank fell off; unfortunately, money had not changed hands before this happened. I will also miss the constant worrying of my landlady that one of the neighbourhood hooligans would set the car on fire. Now, all things considered I live on a pretty good street, the oldest kid I've seen is about 8, and usually if you buy them cigarettes they are fine (if any any law enforcement is reading this, that was a joke, I am not a monster). In closing, I wanna say that I'm disappointed by all the neighbours on my street who applauded while the car was being towed away, as with it went a piece of the apartment, and a piece of our driveway, no literally, I think the gas tank took a piece with it. I know Jeff will move on to bigger and better cars, and the old will enjoy retirement, being used for scrap metal and as a house for the occasional homeless person.

No comments:

Post a Comment