Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Walmart is Rolling Back......on African Americans

Hey Everyone, it's me again, I haven't been around lately as I've been suffering from a bit of writer's blog...ck, and also I've been broken up about the death of Cory Haim. Oh Corey, you were a beacon of light in a dark world, one that burned out too bright, you stole our hearts in such movies as the Goonies and ..........wait what, that was Corey Feldman, then who the hell was Corey Haim.....what's that you say..... License to Drive....that movie sucked, no wonder he never worked again. Well now I'm gonna have to take down my Corey Feldman shrine since I'm mistaken, then again it is a shrine to all his awesome movies so it's not taking up that much space, so I guess there's no harm done.

While surfing the fountain of information that is known as the internetz I stumbled across an article that surprised and shocked me. At at Walmart in Wasthington Township in Southern New Jersey this past Sunday, shoppers were shocked and appalled when a voice came on the speaker and said "Attention Walmart customers, all black people leave, leave the store now." What shocks me and surprises me is that I'm not really surpised that someone would do this, as yes sadly people like this do still exist. The article reports that a manager quickly jumped on the intercom to smooth out the situation, saying that all African American patrons were more then welcome to stay but asked that they moved quietly to the back of the store, ok I added that last part.

As one can imagine criticism was quick and harsh, with many shoppers voicing their displeasure that such a message should be heard, one woman a Mrs Helen Lovejoy was heard to scream "WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN." One (real) customer and her friend who were shopping at the time said they are going to boycott the store until the matter was resolved to their liking, I can't see this being a great protest as that's exactly what the voice asked them to do, but hey we can't all be Rosa Parks I guess. Personally if I was them I'd take it one step further and leave New Jersey altogether. Of course if I lived in New Jersey I'd take any excuse to get out of there. I can only assume that the African American community is up in arms over this story. Somewhere Al Sharpton had a stroke, recovered, spent hours fixing his hair, then had a stroke again. Reporters were horrifed at Oprah's reaction, as when she was approached for comment she was found eating mass quantities of food. When asked if the binge was a reaction to the story, Oprah looked puzzled and asked "what story?"

According to the article this is not the first time Walmart has suffered from racial tensions. A few years back they settled a lawsuit with a man who was upset over their hiring policies for truck drivers. When approached for comment, one of the CEO's of Walmart said the man was offered a job picking all the cotton out of the medicine capsule bottles, he also went on to say that he probably shouldn't have said that. They also got into trouble for allegedly passing over women for men in regards to raises and promotions on a number of occasions, this lawsuit was settled out of court as the women were given gift cards and shopping sprees and told how nice they looked that day, turns out all they needed was some attention.

The African American communtiy has made great strides throughout the years, but there are people in the world who are still stuck back in the old days, and sadly this is not gonna change anytime soon. Martin Luther King jr, Barack Obama, Aunt Jemima, the Cream of Wheat guy, these are just some of the many pioneers that this great community has given us. The person I feel really bad for is President Obama, the man rises up, becomes the first African American American president, then is universally criticized for his healthcare reform, and now is not even allowed in Walmart, for every step forward there is truly two steps back.

To the person to got on the speaker and gave that message I say grow up, and get with the times, it's the Muslims who are the evil ones now remember, I mean I don't think they are evil, I like the Muslim people, oh god if any American politicians are reading this I'm gonna get myself bombed. Lord knows I don't want to cause an incident between our two countries, after allwho would operate on our premier then.?

No comments:

Post a Comment