Sunday, March 7, 2010

I toiled not on the Sabbath, and it was sweet

Today was a rare Sunday off for me, this day of rest made me feel a little like Jesus, only I turned water into tea, and nobody worships me........yet. There was a bit of a scare to start the day as I recieved a call from work, but today I decided I was not going to answer the phone, they later called back to and told me to ignore the message they left on my phone and that they didn't need me after all. Unfortunately for them I don't know how to check my voicemail(Duncan you are still trapped in my phone, one day I will free you) so with that scare out of the way, I faced the day and eagerly awaited my trip to the Smitty's breakfast buffet.

Now I don't know what evil being came up with the idea of a buffet, what kind of sadist says to a man "here, come eat, you can have all the pig you want." For the most part these days I deprive myself of bacon, so as you can imagine I hit that buffet harder then a tornado on a trailer park. The food didn't know what do it when it saw me approaching, the eggs scrambled, the French toast surrendered cause it's French, the Canadian bacon stayed behind and tried to keep the peace, but it was all futile, as one by one they fell. Honestly, I didn't eat that much, well by buffet standards anyway, but what I had was pretty good, it beats my usual breakfast of a Cheerios and a banana, a meal that's duller then my social life.

After hitting a Tim Horton's for a caffinated beverage(as a side note, up yours Roll in the Rim) and driving around a bit, the sidekick and I decided to go see a movie, cause on a non NFL season Sunday what else is there to do. The movie we saw was Cop Out, starring Bruce Willis and Tracy Morgan, and directed by Kevin Smith. I have to say that while Kevin Smith may not be able to take off these days, the comedy in this movie does, maybe it's because I have a weird and stupid sense of humor but I laughed very hard at this movie. There is something about an 11 year old getting hit in the crotch that just makes my eyes water for some reason, and I'm a sucker for Tracy Morgan since his days on SNL as Brian Fellows. It's nice to see that Bruce Willis has a sense of humor, I mean if I were married to Demi Moore(and it happen will someday as soon as I find the right DNA codes from that lock of hair) and I was replaced by Ashton Kutcher, I'd probably feel like kissing the end of a rifle. However I'm pretty sure Willis could beat the daylights out of Kutcher so he's probably just picking his spot.

As what the rest of this evening will bring, who knows, as I look through the tv guide I see there is an episode of Celebrity Rehab on, with guest host Alec Baldwin.......oh wait I'm sorry that's the Oscars. While on the subject on the Oscars here are some of my predictions. I predict a male will win for best actor, and a woman for best actress, it will be boring, and Ben Stiller will be in some horrible skit. I think if they wanna make the Oscars more current, there is only thing they should do, decide the big awards by putting them in the octagon, UFC style. If James Cameron wants best picture for Avatar, he should have to earn it, who cares if he worked on it for ten years, if he can't beat the guy who made the Hurt Locker(a good MMA nickname btw) then he shouldn't be able to accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment