Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How my recent computer troubles are just like Lost

Today marked an important day in the apartment as the changeover from satellite to digital cable was complete. I will discuss this more in the coming days as I have yet to figure it all out(haven't got passed WWE 24/7 yet) as today I got called into work on my day off and couldn't get to explore anymore. My brother felt bad for calling me in but he knows I have the work ethic of an asian hooker, I won't stop till I get paid, and that I didn't mind coming in. Despite the new technology it is my older technology that is taking front and center as the old computer has been acting up these past few days. In the search to try and fix it I have come to the conclusion that my recent troubles have a lot in common with my favorite show Lost, so if your not a fan of Lost you may have no idea what I'm talking about, but if your a fan of Lost......well you will probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

My computer like the pre-island 815 passengers has lived a normal life, it has it's ups and downs but normally runs quite smoothly. That is until one faithful day there was a crash, it was unexpected, and everything around it was in shambles. As the computer looked around for any programs it could find to help it survive, all it got was a huge smoke screen, which up to this point it is rather ambigious if the smoke(y) screen is evil or not. Sometime after the crash it was discovered that there was a mysterious illness or virus if you will, that was affecting programs and making them go crazy, messing with the head of the computer and making it do things that it wouldn't have done before. The comparison got really freaky when I saw what appeared to my dad standing across the room, but on closer inspection it was just a picture.

Another similarity of both is that they both have the presence of a big giant foot. In Lost the giant foot is home to the mysterious Jacob, whereas in the life of my computer, the big giant foot was my size 11 that it almost got when it wouldn't obey my orders and work properly. At least in the world of my computer it would know where the foot came from and exactly what purpose it served. Having no further options(yelling at it was providing no answers) I went into the system recovery, and did a system restore, thereby matching the Lost survivors in the ability to time travel. My computer has leapt back to December of last year, with only vague memories of the events that took place.

I guess the big way that my computer situation is similar to Lost is that as of right now I have more questions than answers, I still have no idea what's going on for the most part, and I'm probably not gonna like how it ends. In all honesty I'm gonna enjoy how Lost ends, I'll be happy as long as they at least try and answer most stuff. I'm also probably gonna enjoy how the computer situation ends, because it will probably end up with me getting a new computer, and taking some form of ammunition to the old one. The computer seems to be fine for now anyway, there is a mysterious information not found window that pops up, but with the press of a button the world(of my computer) is safe again.

If your not a fan of Lost, your not gonna have any idea what I'm talking about, but let it be said that my sanctuary is not a place for needing to know what your talking about. Trust me when I say that trying to find answers to this situation is exhausting, now I know how Mariah Carey feels when she tries act sane, or how Ellen Degeneres feels when she keeps trying not to stare at the female contestants on American Idol. Don't worry everyone, I didn't have to "assume" she was gay, she came out years ago, so that was a telltale sign. With only eight more hours left until we get to the end of Lost I'm hoping I have more time then that with the computer, because then you people wouldn't get my non-sensical ramblings(who out there said yay) and with that comes the last comparison, as it's been a long day and I'm quite tired so I'm about to get Lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment