Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Part 5: The Saga of the Hero and the Cluckus and Hero (By Guest Author Bill HTWAVCBH Martin)




         
This is but a chapter in the story of Cluckus
Who sought to fight evil when it created ruckus;

Long were the days in the land with no sky;
This is the land between Live and Die.
Also the land some called purgatory
This is the place wherein lies our story.

A Hero, called No Name, as Ulysses of Old
Did lecture the chicken, who answered him bold:
“The Hero and Cluckus will be the title,”
Screamed out the Hero, to him this was vital.

“Not while I live with my adamantium bones;
Cluckus , the first name to be on our tomes!”
Cluckus’ talons gleamed razor sharp
Upon this point he was prepared to harp.

For days numbered two this debate raged on
While in the sky Thunder went on and on;
Lightening, too, flashed ‘cross the sky
And struck the Hero, who seemed hard done by.

The Harps of Fate were then heard strumming;
Cluckus said: “Wow, didn’t see that one coming.”
He extended a wing to the laid low Hero
Who’d gone from upright to sea level  minus zero.

The Hero crackled and sizzled with power;
And Cluckus knew then twas almost the hour
For songs had been sung of this Hero to date
All of which agreed that he would be great.

The Hero’s eyes suddenly fluttered open;
To be back at the Harvest was what he was hopin’
“I feel kinda different,” he said to the chicken
“My stomach’s all off, I think I may sicken.”

But sick he wasn’t, he couldn’t be wronger!
Lightening did not kill him, just made him stronger.
“What’s happened to me,” the Hero inquired
He felt kinda different, inwardly fired.
“Power has been given to you on this day;
Do no misuse it,” was what Cluckus did say.
“I will teach you its course, and then you will see
That with Great power comes responsibility.”

“I’ve heard that before,” the Hero did say.
From Spiderman I think, on some fateful day”
“The spider is wise,” responded the fowl
And so let us go, and get on the prowl.”

But before the two could begin training
A figure arose under a moon that was waning;
He wore a poncho, a mustache and sombrero
And he was a colonel; Colonel Sandero!

Cluckus’ nemesis of old, who did not adore him,
Now rose from the grave, rose up before him!
“You’re protege’s weak,” Sandero did say.
The Hero could only respond with: “Hey!”

Sandero’s grimace slid right off of Cluckus
But in the Hero’s heart it made such a ruckus.
“Three days from now, I will crush his spine
And all of this hateful land will be mine!

Look for me then by Sandero’s rock,
I’ll defeat your protégé, you useless old cock;
When he finally lay’s expired at my feet
Once and for all, know you’ll be beat!”

With a puff of smoke, Sandero disappeared
Leaving the Hero somewhat afeared;
Cluckus only sighed, saying “Will this never end?
True evil never really dies my friend.

Let us make our way to Sandero’s rock
Where you’ll beat him down, just like Brock
Lesnar, beat down all those guys
What? We get UFC here, don’t be surprised!”

The Hero stood stock still, and glared at the fowl
He felt so frustrated, he wanted to howl;
“Listen to me, you foul stupid bird
Me fighting Sandero is oh so absurd!

He’s clearly a master of the arcane arts
With what should I fight him, my uncanny farts?
How can I learn enough in three days
To take down Sandero and leave him a’dazed?”

Cluckus merely sighed, espying the doubt
Which had o’ertaken the Hero, causing his shout:
“The gods have provided, just come with me
All will be revealed and then you will see.”

They walked for some time through land which was strange
Until finally Cluckus felt they’d covered the range;
“Here is where I will teach you of your power;
It will not take long, for this is your Hour.

The bolt from the sky was divine intervention
You’ve been given the powers of learning and retention;
So much the better is your divine frontage
For you have been given the Power of Montage!”

The Hero just stood slack jawed and unheeding
Surely his ears had been so misleading?
Had the Chicken said Montage, just like in a movie?
Because if he had, that sure would be groovy.

“Now listen up chicken, don’t get me wrong
Do you mean that I can learn things by song?
Because doing so would ease my frustration
And I would look to music for so much inspiration!”

“You have guessed true,” the chicken replied
Feeling at last some fledgling of pride;
Sure his protégé was mostly quite dense
But at least he was slightly smarter than a fence.

“You have been chosen to right the misdeeds
Of the DeBoner (teehee) and his greeds;
So let us get learning, I’ve brought my guitar
I’ve got this good Chord App, so we won’t have to go far;
Let’s start with Survivor, a good place to start
Eye of the Tiger shall lend you strength of heart;
From there Duran Duran, to bridge the Gulf
Between Desire and action Hungry like the Wolf

So Hero and Mentor, Chicken and Man
Did train all not long, to fulfill the plan
Of some whackdoodle god with naught better to do
Than to go messing within Nature’s zoo.

By morning the Hero was weary in spirit;
Cluckus played more, but he didn’t want to hear it;
“Enough! I am done, I’ve had no sleep.
You know I don’t care about this Sandero creep!

I just need to get home, back to my land
And slap the Deboner with the back of my hand;
I’m tired of music so what do you say!”
Cluckus just looked, and softly began to play.

We’ve known each other for so long;
Your heart’s been aching but you’re too shy to say it
“Oh no” said the Hero,” I know this tune.”
But Cluckus kept playing under the waning moon.

Inside we both know what’s going on;
We know the game and we’re gonna play it.
A spark started growing in the Hero’s heart
He’d just been Rick rolled, but would play his part

And if you ask me how I’m feeling
Don’t tell me you’re too blind to see it.
 The Hero’s heart grew three sizes that day
And he knew the Deboner, would never break sway

And together they sang as the sun came up;
The Hero lost all thought of his frown:
Never gonna give you up,
Never gonna let you down;

Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say good bye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

The Hero’s heart grew even more sizes that day
As his Heroic nature finally gained sway;
He’d never give up, not ever again
And he’d bring to the DeBoner, all sorts of pain.

Well friends from there, our story is done
The battle with Sandero? Easily won.
I won’t go through it all, twould take too long
But it was a victory for the power of song.

The Highlights

Sandero thought to throw dirt in the eyes
But thanks to Montage, he’d got a surprise
For in one good song the Hero had learned
To defend himself when his poor eyes burned.

He caught Sandero’s truly aimed fist
And tore him a wing, if you get my gist;
From there all was done, without a doubt
For the arms have some veins, and Sandero bled out.

Cluckus stood o’er Sandero, saying “Ah Bug it!’
Drew off and kicked him right in the nuggets.
And that was the end of Colonel Sandero
The Vice Dean of Evil who sported bolero.

As Sandero lay bleeding all over the ground
A portal there opened, perfectly round;
The Hero then knew he’d passed this trial
And must head back to defeat the most vile

Villain plaguing Harvests all over the land
He stood tall and proud, and proffered his hand;
Cluckus stood and smiled there with pride
He saw the new strength the Hero had inside.

“Go then to your land,” the chicken did say
“And defeat this new evil, which seeks to hold sway.
Remember your time here, and remember the songs
Which will teach you mad skillz, to defeat the wrongs

Done there by others who’d seek to rule poorly;
Teach them their lessons, teach them such sorely.
Go back to your home and make ye good ruckus
And go tell the tale of the Hero and Cluckus!”

At the face of the portal the Hero stood proudly
And over its noise he did proclaim loudly.
“Thank you for your training, Cluckus the Great
May you be one chicken I ne’er see on a plate!”

With that last benediction the Hero jumped through
And Cluckus stood wondering how he would do;
“Ah well,” he said. “Odds are better than zero
And screw that, this was called
CLUCKUS AND THE HERO!

This was but one chapter of the life of Cluckus
Who sought to slay evil, when it created great ruckus.
                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment